Tuesday 1 October 2013

Vegan Recipe of the Week - Ginger Snaps


This week I am going to share my Ginger Snaps recipe which I mentioned in my blog post last week on the UK Vegan Food Swap as I included some in the parcel I sent out. These are perfect for Autumn evenings, spicy and warming, sweet and delicious (a bit like me! ;-))

Ingredients:

120g Self raising flour, sifted
60g Vegan butter - I used Stork (foil packet)
75g Caster sugar
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp Ground ginger
1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
0.5 tsp Nutmeg
1 tbsp Golden Syrup, I used Maple flavour.






Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan.

Put all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.




Melt all of the wet ingredients together in a small saucepan over a low heat - vanilla bean paste, butter and syrup and stir to combine.





Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the melted mixture into the well, then mix together to form a dough.





Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and taking small pieces of the dough, roll them in your hand to form a ball and place them on the baking sheet, spaced apart.



Once you have 12 dough balls, squash them flat with the back of a spoon.



Bake in the preheated oven on the middle shelf for 10-12 minutes.

Take the tray out of the oven and leave it for 5 minutes.




Then place the biscuits on a cooling rack for 20 minutes until cool.




Eat and enjoy! Let me know what yours turned out like in the comments below!




Come back next week for another yummy vegan recipe and don't forget to check out the 'Recipes' tab at the top of the page for all of the previous recipes in one handy place!

Big Vegan Love,

VVx

No comments:

Post a Comment