Thursday 18 July 2013

Vegan Birthday Summer Garden Party



Yesterday was my wonderful friend Jay's birthday and last night she had her closest friends over for a vegan birthday party. Jay and her partner are really into raw vegan food and Jay rustled up some gourmet raw pakoras, a gorgeous summer salad, a courgette spaghetti with vegan pesto and a raw vegan cheesecake made with raspberries and cashew nut cheese. She also dehydrated some sweet potato and made some raw crackers! 




I brought along the cooked vegan food of my homemade saag aloo, chickpea and potato curry and poppadoms. The entire banquet not only was super healthy and vegan but all gluten-free as Jay's partner is gluten-free.


Who says being vegan, raw or gluten-free means you can't eat well and party? Not I!

I will put up my recipes for the saag aloo and chickpea and potato curry over the next two Tuesdays as every Tuesday is recipe day here on the blog.

If you fancy chatting to me about vegan food or anything else you can email me or tweet me. I also take part in #VeganHour on Twitter 7pm (UK) every Tuesday.

VVx

No comments:

Post a Comment