Monday, 8 July 2013

VDelicious Show London, UK June 2013

Last month, me, my hubby, my gluten-free friend and my vegetarian friend headed to London for the VDelicious/Allergy-free show. 

It is the first time ever that I have prepared for a day trip without worrying about where I can eat and what I can eat. It was heaven!

I went from stall to stall tasting vegan ice-cream, desserts, sausages, sandwiches, cheeses, cakes, cookies, doughnuts, sauces, curry, mac n cheese, pizza, sweets and marshmallows. 


I got some free madras curry powder, some veggie cooking magazines, I bought the Vegan magazine from the Vegan Society and a cool tote bag, some Vegusto cheese and some sweets! I came home laden with items, very full, and totally inspired to try new vegan products. My favourite finds of the day were Freedom marshmallows, which were vanilla flavour and exactly how I remember the texture of marshmallows from my childhood. I also bought three MsCupcake cakes, I have been to her market stall in Greenwich a few years ago and earlier this year visited her shop in Brixton, as someone with an egg allergy this was a wonderful find for me  before I became vegan and I was glad to stock up on more varieties when we found her stall at the show. I got my tickets for this show free on the Vdelicious website as it was a new show they were giving many tickets away, but I would definitely pay to go again next year. Next show – the Birmingham Vegan Fair in July.

I also took the opportunity whilst in London to visit Vx (Vegan Cross Boutique) which is a cool, tiny vegan grocer, take away food and clothing store near Kings Cross in London. Hubby bought a wrap and I got a cool Vx sticker for my bass guitar! There was a fab choice of products, fresh, frozen, confectionery, literature, cookbooks, tshirts, shoes, bags, sandwiches, cakes etc. I don't know how he fits it all in a small shop but he does and the owner was lovely and friendly as well. You can follow the shop on Twitter @ssov.


Check out my review of the Birmingham Vegan Fair next week. VVx

3 comments:

  1. Great info, I had no idea about these shows, I am a newbie in the vegan world. I am definitely going to V Delicious this summer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, welcome to the vegan community! There are lots of cruelty-free shows and vegan food festivals throughout the year, all across the country and they are a great place to meet like-minded people and try lots of new and exciting vegan food! I hope to see you at V Delicious :-) VVx

      Delete
  2. Hi, welcome to the vegan community! There are lots of cruelty-free shows and vegan food festivals throughout the year, all across the country and they are a great place to meet like-minded people and try lots of new and exciting vegan food! I hope to see you at V Delicious :-) VVx

    ReplyDelete